- If the bank goes bankrupt, will the loan you borrow from the bank still be used? If the bank goes bankrupt, will the loan you borrow from the bank still be used? I believe that many friends who have mortgages have done such dreams, but what is the truth of the facts? 1. Financial 360 Xiao Bian (luxiaodai360) just attended the job that unit, the unit has a predecessor, just ...
- The bank can go bankrupt. Is it still necessary to borrow? At the Lujiazui Forum in 2016, Zhang Tao, deputy governor of the central bank, made a surprising statement: What is a stable financial order? Not every institution that protects the financial industry does not fail without any risk; it is about operating risks, or Financial institutions that have failed to operate must allow...
- P2P Internet Loan involved in the comparison of four models of campus lending When it comes to the campus lending market, according to China’s 30 million undergraduate students and a per capita loan of 5,000 yuan, campus lending can be a 100 billion yuan market. If we look forward to the future financial activities of college students, the trillion-dollar market can also be expected. Therefore, the campus loan was born...
- Comparing China-US currency fund data The development of Internet finance gave birth to Yu Hebao. In June 2013, the emergence of Yu Bao led many people into the money fund. The Origin of China's Currency Fund China's currency fund originated on December 30, 2003. Huaan Cash Rich was officially established and the country's first money fund was born...
- Sino-U.S. Contrast - The 5 Factors Affecting Your Credit Score Thanksgiving Day in the United States' local shopping festival is coming soon. Many newcomers who have just come to live in the United States are not very concerned about their personal credit history because they are affected by domestic credit card usage habits. After arriving in the United States, they apply for a credit card. Out...
We must also cry after bankruptcy.
Recently, chaos in China’s campus network has become more frequent. The campus loan, which arrived at the beginning of the United States, seems to be moving differently from the Chinese campus loan. What caused such a big difference? Let’s take a look at the comparison between the parties in the China-US campus loan business.
The data shows that the scale of the university's consumer market in stages exceeds 100 billion yuan. At the time of the opening school season, with the increasing consumption of students today, universities without stable income generated the "number one goal" of campus online loans.
Survey shows that 53% of students applying for campus online loans are largeStudent loansThe purpose is to shop - buy cosmetics, clothes, electronic products and so on. Due to the lack of repayment ability, the “transformation” of loan methods such as “naked loan”, “high interest loan trap” and “violence collection” from general lending has also made campus loans suffer.
In previous reports, Boshe commented that China’s online student loans have embarked on a different path from the United States. They did not focus on supporting the academics but instead “seduce” students’ shopping through installments, resulting in some People who have not gone out of school are burdened with heavy debt because of excessive consumption. Faced with such a sharp contrast, one can not help but want to take a glimpse of the status quo of student loans in the United States. Will the United States be better than the current chaos in China?
Government-sponsored student loans are a big business: About one-sixth of American adults owes student loans. These loans are owned or guaranteed by taxpayers, and the federal government needs to be a cooperative loan service provider and collection agency each year. Paying nearly 2 billion U.S. dollars, these companies provide borrowersRepaymentCounseling and responsible for the monthly collection of nearly 1.3 trillion U.S. federal student loans.
The U.S. Department of Education informs the public of federal students every 3 monthsLoan repaymentThe latest situation. Bloomberg analyzed the number of federal student loan portfolios as of June 30. The following is what we found.
There are fewer people who fail to pay on time
In recent years, with regard to the balance of loans, the situation of deferred repayment has been greatly reduced. In 2013, a quarter of student loans were delayed for more than 31 days. Since then, the default rate has been steadily declining. By June 30 this year, the figure has dropped to about 19%.
This figure may reflect the effect of the Obama administration's promotion of a loose repayment plan, according to which the borrower can determine the monthly repayment amount based on income rather than the amount of the loan, and the plan also improves. Federal debt partner services.
Still many people have difficulties in repayment
If we look closely at the broader repayment groups (all those who have left school for a grace period of more than six months), we will find that the improvement in the arrears figure is not so beautiful.
Of every $5 loan, less than $3 is repaid on time. As many as 42% of the loan balance is either overdue, or is temporarily delayed, or defaulted, or bankrupt, and some borrowers wish to convince the federal government that they will never be able to pay their debts due to physical disabilities.
Default situation continues to climb
In 2015, over 1.1 million of the student loans granted by the Ministry of Education were breached.
The situation is even worse than it sounds.
This number of breaches does not fully reflect the truly tricky degree. Only when the borrower has not paid back the money within 361 days will be counted as a breach of contract by the Ministry of Education, and the Obama administration has not publicly announced that it has obtained a federal student loan through other loans in a bank-based terminated project. The number of defaulters.
The White House peddled income-based repayment plans in order to prevent the rise in the uncontained default rate. Ted Mitchell, the deputy minister of education, said last year that the government’s goal was a "zero default rate." However, federal data shows that the loan default rate in the first three quarters of this year increased by 2.7% from the same period of last year.
More borrowers are scared by the amount
If you want to establish the repayment amount according to your income situation, the borrower must notify the debt service provider of its own income information every year, but not all borrowers have complied with this rule. The reasons include forgetting, mistakes made by service providers, etc. .
As a result, the monthly repayment amount has increased significantly. In fact, about a quarter of the debtors joining the government's income plan are no longer repaying their income, which increases their risk of default.
In the past, the Ministry of Education seemed to think that it was the front door of the service providers. They vowed to sign contracts again so that service providers would give priority to assisting borrowers with difficulties to make payments. But now the Ministry of Education has also stated that debtors are the target of this accusation. Spokesman Kelly Leon said, "The borrower is responsible not to miss the repayment period."
Borrower's loan repayment time is getting longer
More than half of the debt settlement time was arranged 10 years after the debt first expired, and four years ago, most debts were scheduled to be paid within 10 years.
According to the New York Federal Reserve Bank (Federal Reserve Bank of New York), this is mainly due to the expansion of the income-based repayment plan, which extends the debt settlement period to 20 or 25 years. As a result, a considerable part of the 40-50-year-old American still has not repaid student loans.
The Federal Financial Supervisory Authority and the U.S. Department of the Treasury have warned that heavy student debt burdens will inhibit household consumption and reduce the ability of Americans to obtain new loans, thereby hindering consumption or investment in other projects. In 2013, President Barack Obama issued a disturbing warning: “Our economy cannot afford the trillion-dollar unpaid student loans, and because students are unable to repay, many of them may not be able to return. ."He said.
【Exclusive Manuscripts and Disclaimer】 All works marked as “Future 360 Original” must be reproduced, excerpted or otherwise used by any entity, organization or individual without authorization in writing. Has been authorized in writing, indicating the source melts 360. Violation of the above statement will infringe upon 360's legal rights and interests and will be legally pursued. The materials and conclusions in the work are for reference only and do not constitute operational recommendations. For written authorization, please email: email@example.com
- Comment list (User comments are only for users to express personal views, does not mean that this site agrees with their views or confirms their description)
- Mobile Edition: We must also cry after bankruptcy.
- News hotspot: Is the campus loan extremely bad?
- Skills for the first
- Loan 315 in 2014, detailed loan pits!
- Mortgage rates are low You deserve to have
- Talk to your credit report for your successful loan
- Something about the inventory being rejected for personal credit
- What looks like beautiful things in the loan process
- A little trick, from which ants are turned off by the opening function?
- Which kind of repayment method is the most cost-effective? Look over and teach you some money!
- Seven reasons why credit was rejected. Did you shoot it?
- Is it true that the loan is not refunded and that the bad record is automatically eliminated after five years?
- Apply for second cash withdrawal on the same day! 15 small loans for short-term loans follow you
- What are the reasons for the rejection of consumer loans? Give you this list!
- What are the hazards of borrowing loan sharks? These consequences make it hard for you to imagine!
- Tearing WeChat, Alipay hand-in-ofo, and sesame-credit credit-free deposits
- Three Minutes to Learn PayPal Ants to Get 10W+
- Call Alipay! Microbank has pushed a new interest rate lower than micro-lending
- Comparison of four types of pledged loans
- Credit card repayment method introduction and comparison
- What is Citibank's automatic repayment service?
- Notice on adjusting the business of "recovering the housing accumulation fund once a year"
- How to apply, modify and cancel the automatic repayment service of Citibank?
- Is it possible to apply for early repayment for CCB Dragon Card's installment payment service?
- How to Apply for CITIC Internet Credit Card vs. Consumer Loans
- How to repay the CCB merchant's installment payment business?
- The unit went bankrupt. What about the housing fund that is unpaid to employees?
- Can the loan business be given to someone else?